Wednesday, August 8, 2007

A DIALOGUE WITH SARAH, AGED 3: IN WHICH IT IS SHOWN THAT IF YOUR DAD ISA CHEMISTRY PROFESSOR, ASKING %u201CWHY%u201D CAN BE DANGEROUS

A DIALOGUE WITH SARAH, AGED 3: IN WHICH IT IS SHOWN THAT IF YOUR DAD IS
A CHEMISTRY PROFESSOR, ASKING %u201CWHY%u201D CAN BE DANGEROUS
: "A DIALOGUE WITH SARAH, AGED 3: IN
WHICH IT IS SHOWN THAT IF YOUR DAD IS A CHEMISTRY PROFESSOR, ASKING %u201CWHY%u201D CAN
BE DANGEROUS"

Engineers are just as bad. I've have similar conversations with my 4 year old and my wife actually.

Feeding the desires behind these questions are great, but it does get murky when gone far enough.

I am always amazed by people who say science has all the answers. They just don't get it. They've just stopped asking why too early. The fun part is when you get to the point of saying, "I don't know." If your next statement is, "I want to find out." You are a scientist.

No comments: