Thursday, July 12, 2007

How to Change the World: Ten Things to Learn This School Year

How to Change the World: Ten Things to Learn This School Year: "It seems to me that schools often teach the opposite of what's necessary for the real world. Perhaps in school people have plenty of time and no money, so long papers, emails, and presentations are not a problem. However, people in the real world have plenty of money (or at least more money) and no time. This is a list of what I wished I learned in school before I graduated."

There is a big difference between school and business and that is a real problem. Why spend 16+ years learning to get good at something that is of no use in the vast majority of the economy?

How do you reform something that is built around the opposite assumptions you need it to have?

I am thinking more and more that it just isn't possible.

No comments: